Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday Wishes

On May 25th, I will turn 26 years old. It seems hard to believe! Oh my gosh....I'm nearing 30! In our family we have 3 birthdays in March within one week. When this rolls around, I know it's time to start thinking about the birthday. I used to love my birthday (as in, I used to count down for months, up until I turned 24). Although I now secretly dread its arrival, I have vowed to force myself into a positive attitude this year. Therefore, I have listed below some of the items I so covet. Not that anyone who reads this blog will or should buy any of these as gifts (that's assuming that anyone even reads this blog!). They are just things that I dream about...




(By the way, click on the photos to find out for info...maybe you want it for yourself!)


Chocolate:


Not just any chocolate...World's Finest Chocolate. I had to sell this stuff as a kid for fundraisers and I think about it on a regular basis. Seriously, this is good stuff!
www.worldsfinestchocolate.com/
Gloves:
Well, these gloves are rather pretty and delicate and I can't decide which one I like more....as you will notice, I am soooo into vintage right now. Although these aren't vintage, they're pretty just the same.

After seeing "Vanity Fair" with Reese Witherspoon, I fell in love with the idea of fingerless gloves. I LOVE the ones she wore in the film but couldn't find similar ones anywhere...



so these would have to do.


http://www.etsy.com/

Kitchen:



Everyone should collect something, and I have decided to collect vintage/antique tea cups. How nice it would be to have a little cup o' tea with a chum!


both from http://www.etsy.com/

And these plates are beautiful, but a little pricey, so they go on the "maybe someday" list...



http://www.williamssonoma.com/


I received this wonderful mixer for Christmas (thanks, Grandpa and Grandma!), but I desperately need bread paddles for it. If you find them, let me know.





Jewelry:


These pocketwatch necklaces would be so lovely, especially with a peter pan-collared dress. They have some real ones on eBay as well.





http://www.modcloth.com/


Also, my gold charm bracelet has been missing for months. It is quite valuable, and I am absolutely lost and distraught about losing it. If you find it, please let me know. This would be a WONDERFUL birthday surprise if I found it. You'll know it by the little beer stein charm. Until then, I'll be praying through St Anthony for some help.



Dresses:


A bit pricey (okay, a lot pricey), but I've had my eye on these little lovelies for quite a while, especially the all red one.

All dresses from http://www.modcloth.com/


And I've always dreamed of Liesl's dress in this scene, but the blouse would be ideal if it had more rounded sleeves and no collar, just a scalloped neckline, like my drawing below. I love the color of her dress, too. Alas, I haven't found one yet!

Oddities:
I would have bought this myself, but I just couldn't justify the price after shipping.http://www.modcloth.com/
Finally, I'd like to have this Nikon camera. I've always wanted an SLR, mainly just because it makes neat shutter sounds, but also because they take such gorgeous photos. This one's digital, and has been placed on the "Maybe Someday" list, too. Also, I love that song..."I got a Nikon camera....I love to take a photograph..."












Please, whatever you do, don't get me this. And if you do, please buy it only with the intention that it would make The Cowboy shudder to see Mademoiselle Foo Foo prancing along in it.







To my Cubicle Buddy at work:



Velma, if you are reading this post, please don't beat me up tomorrow. You said that when we were little, if you knew me, you would probably beat me up because I'm so prissy. I know you probably think I'm crazy by now.

No comments: