Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Downfall of Cookie Monsters

This could be why my clothes don't fit properly.

I lost about 20 pounds after my surgery, which was awesome. I was back to my pre-wedding weight. Yesterday, we went to Applebee's and there is a cookie and ice cream confection on the menu (they're called Cookie Monsters at Cheddars). I wanted one....badly. So on the way home we picked up a tub of cookie dough and chocolate syrup. We had everything else (the "Ice Cream Man" always keeps vanilla ice cream around), so I made this today. There isn't much left. I skipped lunch for this.


ANYHOW...Aaron had the day off yesterday, so we had a BBQ and bonfire with friends. Here's a few pics.


Stephanie and Rod



The cook in his lederhosen apron.




Horseshoes


More horseshoes

And I'm a little behind on my outfits.


Dress, Forever 21


Shirt, Forever 21

Shoes, Shoe Carnival

Skirt, I can't remember

Dress, Tulle4us.com

Song Sung Blue Dress, Modcloth.com
Shoes, Shoe Carnival
Dog, Somewhere in Logansport
We went to "The Wizard of Oz" at the Foellinger Theatre (Mom, Kelly, Lucy, and me), so I wore my "Dorothy dress" and "Ruby Slippers." There was a little girl who was about 3 or 4 at the theatre who saw me before the movie and said "Daddy, daddy! Look!" Then pointed at me and started waving frantically. I waved back, and she smiled like it was the best part of her day. Then little girls kept saying, "Look, the ruby slippers!" It was so fun. I was glad that I could make them so happy just by dressing like a dork. Aaron suggested that Foo Foo be my "Toto" in the picture. I asked him if I looked like Dorothy Gale. He said, "Unfortunately, yes."

Finally, the Lookout Cookout Dress from Modcloth. Love it, but it doesn't fit so well anymore. Anyhow, here I am "looking out" at the "cookout."

I'm a big geek and I don't care.

No comments: