Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Sister, Truly A Hero

Pre-Walk: Signing the banner, getting balloons ready, and Rachel telling her story to the crowd.

On September 26, Rachel's Cancer Crushers walked in the Light the Night Walk to fight Leukemia and Lymphoma. This year, my sister Rachel was the Honored Hero, chosen to tell her story to the crowd and to lead the walk. This is the 10th Anniversary of her bone marrow transplant. My sister Jennifer was the very brave donor.

Rachel will always be a hero to me.

Thank you to everyone who participated! We had a HUGE group, and last I heard our team raised over $3500! We were the 2nd highest Friends and Family fundraising team. Thanks to Grandma who made all of our shirts...I think it was near 72 shirts for our team!
 






















































No comments: