Thursday, May 12, 2011

Capturing Personality

I am totally inspired by many amazing photographers, thinking to myself, "I could never do that" or "That's such a novel idea...how incredible to think of creative things like that." Ben Van Hook is one such photographer. He photographs people the way they really are, bringing out every bit of their personalities, as though you wonder what they're thinking about, but also knowing exactly what they're thinking about. My goal with my photography is to always capture the personality of the subject, but Ben Van Hook's photography just blows me away!


I am utterly smitten with his stop motion film, A Fair Film, created using over 40,000 of his colorful, beautiful photographs. 




To see more of Ben Van Hook's work, go to www.benvanhook.com.






















No comments: