Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Quest For Dracula Kitty....


This is Buster....


Buster's real name is Marcus, as named by Laura Dettmer. Buster was one of three kitties named Marcus, but I thought he looked more like a Buster, so Buster he became. Buster is quite regal, and I love how smooshed his little face is. His regal-ness reminds me of Skippy, but anyone who knew Skippy knows that there will never be another like him. Buster is a barncat, and a very spoiled one at that. He and Foo Foo are having a love affair. Buster stares in our kitchen window from the ledge. Then Foo Foo begs to go outside. They cuddle together every chance they get, and then when Foo Foo sees me, she begins attacking Buster (because as everyone knows, kitties and puppies should never be caught in a love affair! Plus, Foo Foo would have me believe that she is quite innocent and naive, but I know better).


During the summer, another kitty came wandering our way whom we simply call "Black Kitty," although for a while he was called "Naughty Black Kitty" because he would sit on the dangerous curve at the end of our road and then run away when I tried to put him in my car after narrowly avoiding making a "Pancake Kitty." Black Kitty returns every few weeks to eat Buster's food, making funny noises when he eats like "mmwa, mmwa, mmwa"...anyhow, it's funny. I've spoken to other town residents, and they say he shows up at their houses, too.


Yesterday I was quite ill and stayed home while Aaron painted our new bedroom in a color he really doesn't like (and that I love) until late into the evening. Upon going to the kitchen to get some cocoa and shutting the back door that the house ghost had blown open, I noticed a small gray and white kitten. I yelled to Aaron who came running in a panic, shouting "Look, a baby kitty!" He went out with a flashlight to catch Little Kitty, but was met with a face like this...





and a horrible hiss. Much to my horror, Little Kitty is actually Dracula Kitty! I roamed the house attempting to catch Dracula Kitty, but soon feared for the loss of my fingers. I laid a can of cat food out and continued dwelling on my illness by eating chocolate pudding and watching "Return to Me." Before long I decided to continue my quest to capture Dracula Kitty, when what to my wondering eyes should appear but....



Black Kitty!



"Aaron, you won't believe who came to visit again," I called to a tired Cowboy. "It's Black Kitty at the back door, going "mmwa, mmwa, mmwa!" Well, Foo Foo hates Black Kitty, so she couldn't go outside, but before long we heard quite a bit of hissing and screeching and found that Black Kitty and Dracula Kitty were doing a bit of this...







Aaron is less than impressed about our new-found friends, but I am determined to capture Dracula Kitty while retaining all appendages and protecting Black Kitty and Buster. This all reminded me, however, of another story which I will relay tomorrow. Until then, I hope you have a purrrrrfect day! (ooh, that was bad)

No comments: