Tuesday, December 23, 2008

O Christmas Tree...

I have been waiting for years...

3 years to be exact...

This year, Aaron finally agreed to it...

A REAL CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

Not one of those fake things, but one where you can smell the fresh pine scent and listen to pinecones popping.

One thing, though. This is where he took me to get my beloved Christmas tree:









A little creepy, isn't it? Not only that, but the trees were all dead and brown. Aaron insisted that they were fine, but I am a live Christmas tree expert and he has never had one before, so after a little tiff we were off to another Christmas tree farm.
No pictures of the farm, but I can tell you that all of their trees were beautiful....and still alive. It was a small home in the country with a pond and clusters of pine trees surrounding the pond. That is where we found our first Christmas tree.
Aaron loaded it up in the tree stand, cut the net,

and decorated it for me.



There are 700 bulbs on our tree because Aaron insisted that if we were going to decorate it, we were going to do it right. The lights must be strung throughout the tree, not just on the outside.
But he was right...
Isn't it lovely? I know you think that it looks like every other tree, but it's my tree and I think it's gorgeous.
Tabby was not impressed.
Look what we found in the closet from when Aaron's parents lived with us (the elf outfit, not the dog)!
So not happy.
Ooh...what's that you have in your hand? Is that a treat?

Say cheese!


A very Blessed and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

No comments: