Friday, May 15, 2009

A Night That Will Go Down In History...

I officially graduated!!!
Mom, Dad, and me
The Family

Me receiving my "diploma" on the jumbotron


Grandpa Workman, Grandma Workman, and me



Aunt Cinda and me


Two nights ago I walked in IPFW's Commencement Ceremony. I technically graduated in December 2008, but after 7 1/2 years I owed myself the honor of taking part in the ceremony!

When people asked about where I went to school, I used to feel ashamed to say IPFW. But thinking back, I realize that IPFW has some really great professors...a good portion of them have doctorates and they can get to know the students on a more personal level because of the small class sizes. I also realized that I actually have two degrees - an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree. Both are in Business (the Bachelor's Degree is an Accounting Concentration), but who really cares?

Anyhow, the ceremony was long and boring and I truly appreciate the people who came to support me - my parents, siblings, Aunt Cinda, and Grandpa and Grandma Workman. My friend Stephanie (and her husband, Rod) was there, too, cheering on her brother-in-law who received a degree as well. And most of all, Aaron was there, although I feel bad that he missed me actually receive my "diploma" because he had to go to work. Thank you so much to all of you! And to those others of you who helped me through the trials that caused such a long college career and prayed for me to finish the degree, thank you also.

No comments: