Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just What I Needed...

I've been a little down...or maybe a lot down...since the surgery and especially since I removed painkillers from my list of medications. I thought about going to the doctor. But I didn't. And people telling me to "cowboy up" and "Are you okay? You don't seem like your peppy self" didn't help either (of course, I'm not my peppy self!). But then last night I drove 1/2 hour to my parents' house to watch "The Rocketeer" with my family. And I magically felt a little bit better.

Then today was my sister-in-law Stephanie's 24th birthday, and her family invited the whole clan over to celebrate (my brother Jesse's 24th is tomorrow, and their anniversary is also this week). So I went to church with my family this morning. And I felt even better. I even ditched my sweats and t-shirt for something more like what I used to wear before the surgery. And I ditched my glasses. And I put on makeup. These were all pretty big steps.

Then this afternoon, I went to the celebration.

And for the first time in a few weeks...
I felt almost like myself again.

Aunt Kelly and Aidan

Not completely...
Aidan


but I'm getting there.

I think being with my family is just what I needed.

Aunt Lucy and Aidan...is he plotting something?
I told my mom a few days ago that I was super homesick (which Aaron was kind of confused by since I was at my home when I said this). But when you get sick, don't you just want to be in the house where you grew up with your mom taking care of you? The home where you grew up will always be home, more than any other home, I think.
For Church
For the party

Oh, and Stephanie's sister said that I looked kind of like Audrey Hepburn today, which is so freaking awesome, because I absolutely love Audrey Hepburn. I wish the photo was better. And I've lost some weight, which I hope to keep off, so I'm my wedding weight again...to quote my friend "Thelma," that is totally rad.



No comments: