Monday, August 3, 2009

Have you buskered yet?



You heard me...have you buskered yet?
Well, I really don't know if that's the proper usage of the word, as I believe the people buskering are actually the street performers themselves, not those of us being entertained.
The Downtown Improvement District put together a delightful little event...which turned out to be very crowded...all about street performers. Buskerfest. Acrobats, jugglers, stilts, mimes...even belly dancers. Aaron isn't a crowd kind of person, but I crave it. Needless to say, I think I had a much better time than he did. I do think next year they should put the performers on a bit of a stage as I am way too short to even see the performers.










I heard that they didn't anticipate the throngs of people, so the 816 Pint and Slice who had a stand kept running out of pizza. Luckily, the restaurant was just down the street, so an employee had to run pretty much continuously between One Summit Square and 816 Pint and Slice.

Worth the wait. All I could think of while I devoured it was, "This is just like the awesome gooey pizza that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ate." You know what I'm talking about. The kind which cheese pretty much dripping off of it.


And as if that wasn't enough, we decided to get out of the crowd and headed down to the all amazing Coney Island and gorged on coney dogs and chili and Coke in a bottle. I was mighty full after that meal!
So we sat for a while in front of the Courthouse before Aaron went to work.
I love a good busker.

No comments: