Sunday, August 9, 2009

Huntertown Heritage Days

Geesh, but my weekend was busy last week! This is something else I did...watched the Huntertown Heritage Days Parade with my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, and nephew. I'm used to the New Haven Canal Days Parade, which is quite something, so I was a bit disappointed with H-Town's rendition. But then again, who can pass up a parade? I think that the funniest thing is that a family (the whole family) was in the parade and invited everyone to the pavilion for their family reunion...they took up pretty much half the parade. Anyhow, here it is...










Then....a new candy shop/quilt shop opened up that day just a short walk from my house, so I ventured down to The Chocolate Thimble, as it's called, and picked up these...

Lemon bark (so summery, isn't it?), mint meltaways, and the equivalent of Bun Bars.
I can tell that this is going to become a problem.



No comments: