Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Light the Night


Rachel, 9 years old


Okay, so I've bombarded all other forms of communication with my plea for donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for the Light the Night Walk. I'm not asking for donations necessarily from my blog viewers, just some awareness that the LLS is out there.


My sister Rachel was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia when she was 9 years old. It was frightening and sudden and we had no idea what would happen from one day to the next.


We began taking part in the local Light the Night Walk to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This organization has done so much for my sister and our family. I've been having a little trouble fundraising this year because of the economy and all that fun stuff.
Rachel is now 19 years old and beginning her first year in college as a Nursing major. She would like to use her degree to work at the same hospital that helped her so that she can be an inspiration to children going through the same types of things.


Here are some photos from years past:








If you would like to join our team or make a donation on the LLS website, please post a comment or send me a little note and I will direct you to the right place.

Light the Night Walk

Sunday, September 27th

No comments: