Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I went to a Garden Party

We had a wonderful baby shower amid the fall garden for my little sister Mary and niece-to-arrive Olivia Rose.

Mommy
Lucy pouting...

because she didn't want to be in the photo with the rest of the girls (my sisters, mom, and me).


Mom, Jenny, Grandma E., and Lucy




Present time!


Even Aaron joined the fun!


There were no games per Mary's request (and fine by me!), but there was plenty of yummy food. My mom-in-law made homemade chicken salad with mandarin oranges and white grapes, and fruit kabobs. The menu included:
Laura's famous chicken salad
Fruit kabobs
Quiche (florentine and plain)
French bread with fruit-flavored butter (easy! Just 1/4 c. blueberries/raspberries, pinch of salt, and stick of butter)
Blueberry cream cheese treats (see 2 posts ago)
Tomato, Cucumber and Mozzarella Salad
Mimosas
Pink Lemonade
It was wonderful, and I couldn't have done without the help of Laura's cooking skills, Aaron's selfless help and encouragement, and the aid of the many little elves (whom I call Mom and sisters). They cleaned my home spotless (even the walkways outside!) and happily carried out all the tasks I delegated. I am so blessed!
And we are so so so very excited for Olivia!

No comments: