Sunday, July 25, 2010

Classics


A couple of weeks ago, Aaron and I had the day off together, so we were planning on visiting the zoo, but it was unbearably hot, and I am incredibly whiny in the heat, so we took a trip to Auburn instead.
There is a neat "exhibit" taking place in Auburn, where bronze life-like statues are placed all over town. I took a peek at this professor's book.
And of course, a take on one of my very favorite photos!
This was the granddaddy of them all...it was enormous!
Funny story, and so embarrassing that I can't believe I'm putting it out there for everyone to see. We had seen these on our way to Mad Anthony's for lunch, and then passed them again when we were finished eating. I thought the statue kneeling was a real woman taking a photo and said, "That woman is still taking photos of that statue?!" Aaron laughed and said, "Aubrey, that's a man...and it's bronze." Oops!
After we were overheated from our tour about town, we stopped at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum. I'm not really all that into cars, but there's something about those old beauties that makes you wonder what it was like to live in a time in the past. Aaron and I always say that we were born in the wrong era, and it comes to mind when I look at these cars. I think if I rode in one, I would wear a scarf on my head and a dress suit and pretend to be Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn or some other wonderfully magnificent woman.
I particularly like this one...I think I would look good in it.

And afterward, we drove to see the new nephew, Weston James. He's a cutie pie, and we're so glad he's finally here!

No comments: