Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome to the world, Sophia Rose!

Today, a beautiful baby girl was born. Sophia Rose.

I am the proud aunt of another gorgeous niece. I was ecstatic when I found out. I was like a giddy child all day today. And although I didn't get to hold her and kiss her soft little cheeks, it was enough joy for me to look upon the little miracle that God has blessed our family with. She was on a small amount of oxygen while we were there, but she is doing well and making everyone so happy already.

I can't wait to see her grow up. Oh yes, I absolutely love babies, of course. I love everything about them. They just make me squeal with delight and talk a ridiculous babble. But doesn't it just make you wonder what an extraordinary child she will be? What will she look like? What will her temperament be? For now, I'll just dwell in the happiness of her sweet little toes and sweet little fingers and therapeutic baby lotion smell.

How lucky we were to see Aidan looking at his baby sister for the first time. This morning when he woke up, he called, "Mommy. Mommy." And when his Grandma Vi told him that his mommy wasn't there, he said excitedly, "Baby?" What a smart little man. You could see in his face how proud he was to be the big brother as he interacted with Sophie. What a beautiful moment!

 










Welcome to the world, Sophia Rose. We've been waiting anxiously for you!

2 comments:

Judy in Indiana said...

I am so happy for them! I absolutely adore babies, too. The smaller the better. I love new babies the best, fresh from God.

Great aunt Mary said...

I, too, love the little ones!! Sorry, Stephanie, I think she definitely looks like a Workman-especially Lucy! I'm sure those looks will change, though, and she will be a good combination of both of you! So happy for everyone that she is finally here!