Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mix & Match

Do you ever have one of those weeks (or months) where you're just praying, "God, please get me through this!" It's been a rough week already & is only about to get more stressful. I just want to crash, but I know I've got to keep moving.

So I went to the store with my brand new Eco Bags, which I purchased on Amazon. They were totally worth the money!
And I filled them with things like......

Cotton candy pudding...
and my eyeballs nearly fell out of my head when I saw the mix and match beer option at my local Kroger store! For something like $8.50 I was able to pick my own beer selection, and for a snobbish beer drinker like me on a day when I desperately needed a beer, this was a terrific surprise.

 But the whole reason for going to the store was to get salad supplies for tonight's dinner. I was planning on using a recipe that I found on familyfreshcooking.com, but I had to substitute a few items. First, instead of the $7/package pine nuts, I toasted in olive oil some almonds that I had in the cupboard.
 I topped the spinach leaves with cherry tomatoes, which is tasty in itself.
 After toasting the almonds slightly, I threw some golden raisins in the pan for a few seconds. Pour the sizzling goodness on top of the spinach leaves, then I topped with freshly grated Dublin cheese, a little balsamic dressing and pepper, and that's dinner!

No comments: