Thursday, October 9, 2008

Aubrey wore her leather boots all day long....

When my siblings were younger, I used to take them to the local library down the street to storytime. Rosie the Library Lady, as she was called, led the children in a song during storytime that went something like this..."Kelly wore her purple shirt, purple shirt, purple shirt. Kelly wore her purple shirt all day long." It was always amusing when one of the kids inevitably wanted the group to sing about his "yellow dinosaur pants", which simply doesn't fit into the melody because of additional syllables. The kids loved this song, because each child would have a chance to be serenaded by the rest of the group about what they wore. Of course, after about 20 rounds, it gets a little old! Yesterday, I sang this about myself and my new leather boots that Aaron gave me as an anniversary gift. I love them! So European....ALL the girls in Germany wear these things. One of my co-workers yesterday even asked to try them on! Aubrey wore her leather boots, leather boots, leather boots. Aubrey wore her leather boots all day long!
Aaron and I had a fabulous anniversary evening. We cooked dinner together....

We took silly photos of ourselves (I can see the 2 bottles of wine that we drank kicking in just by looking at my face in these photos!)....
We set up a table in our bedroom to create our very own restaurant (and have some privacy from the rest of the family)............
and we listened to Putamayo's French Cafe CD. We bought it on our honeymoon and used to listen to it all the time. We also danced to our wedding song, "You're My Woman" by Van Morrison, which is an 8 minute song and since I'm not used to exercise, I was pretty tired by the end. We put in the movie "AI: Artificial Intelligence", but we were both too tired (probably from all that wine!), so we fell asleep. Anyhow, thank you, my Cowboy, for a perfectly wonderful anniversary!


1 comment:

Julie Workman said...

I love this blog. It really brought back memories of things I had forgotten. Glad your anniversary was wonderful. Woo woo those boots are SEXY!