Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happiness to Write About

I like to check out MSN once in a while because they have some really good self-help articles.
I thought it was only fitting that I should find an article concerning happiness and living to be 100, which I am now striving to do once I'm allowed to exercise again. There's so much that I want to do, I don't see how I'll get it all done if I die when I'm 70 or 80!

"2 Minutes to a Happier You" on http://www.prevention.com/. Looking through photos is one thing that I really enjoy doing, especially old family photos of the kids and such. But I'm a clutter bug and rarely eat right, so that will need to stop!
Their list:

1. Flip through old photos.
(See, just posting these photos made me feel better!)

2. Munch on nuts.
3. Inhale a calming scent.
4. Open your shades (you know, I've been going out to get the mail and sitting on the porch swing this week, and it makes me feel soooo much better!).
5. Walk around the block.
6. Clear away clutter (guilty, guilty, guilty).
7. Think fast (if there's one thing I hate, it's thinking too hard).
8. Cue up YouTube.
9. Rethink your retail therapy (hmmm....).
10. Put on a happy face.
11. Zone out.
12. Chat up a friendly neighbor.
13. Chop veggies.
14. Do a good deed.

And to live longer, and I hope all of my friends and family take part in this initiative because I want you to live to be 100, too, go to:

Happy living better!

No comments: