Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole

Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" is coming out, and I am so very excited I can hardly stand it! I just love "Alice in Wonderland," with its magical creepiness and beautiful adventures.

This is an interesting piece from 1903...the first taped version of "Alice in Wonderland"

And of course, the ever exciting newer version...isn't it funny how times change? And yet, I think I'll appreciate both versions.
This is a version that was on TV in 1985. It is one of my all time favorites. I asked for it for Christmas one year and got it on VHS...love, love, love it. They chose the perfect "Alice," and it has a dynamite cast.
Who can forget Tom Petty's ever creepy music video...seriously, this video scarred me. It seriously freaks me out when they eat her as a cake at the end...ooohhh...gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

I wonder what Alice would wear nowadays?
Anthropologie.com
$168


Fredflare.com
$40


Forever21.com
$29.80


Forever21.com
$24.80


Etsy.com
$44

I thought it was interesting that our local paper had the same idea here

I'm seriously contemplating an Unbirthday Tea Party. I may go here for ideas:Mad Tea Party

I'm looking for some fondant tea cake recipes so that I can make my own blue "Eat Me" cakes, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Really it's not important...just for my own enjoyment. Let me know if you have any ideas!

1 comment:

Starr Crow said...

i adore this post. the 1903 version is inspiring! it gave me lots of ideas for short films I want to create. :)